Jobs and Internships
Green Dream Jobs is a very popular job service that connects people with business skills with environmentally conscious nonprofits and businesses. It is organized extremely effectively with search-able categories such as location, skill level, and job category.
Other Sustainability Job Listing Sites
- In addition to a wide variety of science jobs, the Earthworks site contains a listing of environmental science and sustainable development jobs within the U.S. and throughout the world. The site has a section where users can view or post resumes as well.
- The job listings on EcoEmploy link directly to employer web sites listing current career opportunities. Environmental non-profits are listed alphabetically with the states and provinces in which the employers are located.
- Environmental Careers
- Environmental Career was created to help fill a need for environmental businesses, by promoting environmental businesses and organizations and their job openings via powering a dedicated environmental job site. Environmental Career is devoted exclusively to providing the connection between environmental jobs and people in the Nation.
- Environmental Jobs
- Environmental Jobs.com lists jobs in various categories, including environmental science, advocacy and policy, renewable energy, environmental engineering, health and safety, and environmental administration and management.
- Environmental Leader
- A job site geared toward environmental and sustainability. A handful of general filters display the available jobs within the category selected and reveal some of the top hits all around the U.S.
- Green Biz
- This site was created and is operated by the Green Business Network, a project of The National Environmental Education & Training Foundation (NEETF). The NEETF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C., while GreenBiz.com is produced in Oakland, California. Green Biz hopes to serve as an information clearinghouse on sustainable business practices and resources from a wide variety of entities, including companies, non-governmental organizations, trade associations, government agencies, and academic institutions. Not only does this site allow you to search sustainable business jobs, you can also view and post resumes, as well as receive tips on choosing a sustainability career.
- Green Dream Jobs
- This great job database can be found on the sustainable business.com (SB.com) web site. SB.com is an on-line organization that serves businesses who integrate economic, social, and environmental concerns into their core strategy. In short, they claim to "help green business grow". Green Dream Jobs is a very popular job service that connects people with business skills with environmentally conscious nonprofits and businesses. It is organized extremely effectively with search-able categories such as location, skill level, and job category.
- Green Jobs
- Green Jobs is a databse to help jobseekers find the latest jobs in renewable energy. This site allows you to store your resume and make it easier for employers and recruiters to find you.
- Intern in Michigan
- Intern in Michigan helps businesses and students connect by matching local employers with qualified students in Michigan. Employers and students create a profile which helps to simplify the search process for both parties. Both interns and employers can save time by eliminating the numerous possibilities to only those that fit the criterion of what they are actually searching for.
- North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE)
- The NAAEE is a network of professionals, students, and volunteers working in the field of environmental education throughout North America and in over 55 countries around the world. Since 1971, the Association has promoted environmental education and supported the work of environmental educators. The NAAEE job database posts jobs by date or location.
- Renewable Energy World
- The Renewable Energy World site lists jobs in the renewable energy field. Postings can be viewed by technology type (solar energy, wind energy, bioenergy, etc.) or by category (administrative, business development, engineering and design, etc).
- Solar Jobs
- Solarjobs.com is the “leading online recruitment company for the Solar Industry.”
- Sustainable Careers by Green Gestures
- Green Gestures is an initiative of Retale. At the job portal, you will find a collection of jobs and internships related to the environment, sustainability, and renewable energy.
- USGBC Career Center
- The United States Green Building Council Career Center was designed to help job seekers find new employment opportunities by enabling them to view jobs available and post resumes online. This site is also available for employers to post jobs and view resumes.
Funded by the Steelcase Foundation of Grand Rapids, Michigan
Header photo by Carol Y. Swinehart, courtesy of Michigan Sea Grant Extension
Site by CMC/GrandNet